Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Petals and Folds, 11" x 14", colored pencils.

I enjoy using my art talents to uphold beauty. I feel beauty to be a reflection of His wonderful character we see all around us. I have not often heard the word beautiful to describe God, but in my heart it fills me with awe. It is awesome beauty. In every place we see His glorious handiwork, with eyes and hearts He also fashioned. As an artist my heart is filled with adoration for my Creator.
With all the wonder of the most towering mountains, the deepest seas, and the petals of the most precocious flowers, these are but a glimpse of God’s true character. God's beauty is a sublime beauty that fills my heart with a yearning ardent feeling I can not describe with words. A love in the deep parts of the soul. Yes, God is beautiful in holiness and glory. We can not truly see His beauty fully on this earth with our finite minds - yet in Colossians we read that Christ is the image of the invisible God (1:15), that in Him all the fullness dwells (1:19), and that in Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily (2:9).
Praise Him in the Son, for He is truly wonderful in tender care and awesome beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment